Avocado Shrimp Salad
The ketogenic diet is a very-low-carb, high-fat eating method that’s popular for weight loss.
It typically involves limiting carb intake to 20–50 grams per day to stimulate ketosis — a metabolic state in which your body starts using ketones for energy instead of glucose.
However, because it can be restrictive, you may wonder what salads you can eat on a keto diet. Notably, keto salads should be low in carbs but high in healthy fats and protein.
This simple avocado-shrimp salad is keto-friendly and ready in under 30 minutes.
Ingredients (serves two) (6):
- 1/2 pound (225 grams) of raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/2 of a red onion, diced
- 2 cups (100 grams) of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 grams) of cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) of butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of lemon or lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the pan over medium-high heat, then add the butter and shrimp. Cook thoroughly and set shrimp aside on a plate.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the lettuce, avocado, and cherry tomatoes. Drizzle with olive oil and lemon or lime juice, then toss.
- Garnish with shrimp and serve. Season with salt and pepper if desired.